Saturday, January 16, 2010

My foray into Stained Glass Design

Over the summer, as our house was being renovated, we had a spot where the architects had prescribed three stained glass window or art glass panes.  Tom and I looked around and tried to figure out what we wanted in the space.  We found some interesting pieces, the most modern being in California.  Since spending his graduate days and post-doc in California, Tom loves the ocean.  I decided to design a modern piece for the space that was reminescent of waves.  I sketched out the design both in a small sketch and then to-scale, and then we went to a local artist Vee Oswald and had him make the piece.  I selected the glass pieces that I liked;  Tom and I selected the colored pieces that we liked, and then Vee executed the work.  We were very pleased with the outcome.  Hope you enjoy a peek.

4 comments:

K Spoering said...

This is beautiful! It should give you a lot of pleasure.

ringadal said...

Thanks, I am really happy to be back in our house and have a workspace. I have enjoyed looking at your paintings and tapestries. You inspired me to sign up for Enchanted Pathways, now to get to weaving...

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! And a great placement also to have such great light!

Threads of Inspiration said...

This is a really beautiful design and Vee does such great work. He did the stained glass in the old Java Java.