Friday, March 5, 2010

Signs of Spring?

After all of this snow, I think most of us are a little cabin fevered.  I am ever hopeful for warm weather and no more snow.  I thought I would post some of the hopeful little signs we have been seeing here.   I found our first egg this morning.  We have one aged hen left, whom I thought was beyond laying eggs, but there it lay this morning in the nesting box.  I profusely thanked Aphrodite for her gift and then my daughter and I proceeded to cook it and eat it.  What a great spring gift!

While out feeding the horses, I saw the beginnings of the daffodils, a bit worse for wear from the cold, but up and a sign of spring no less.  I will post some of my projects later this week, mostly sewing clothes for my daughter for spring.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I had to laugh at your "Egg in a Hole." We used to make these, and my Mom called them "Dr Tichner Eggs," because our pediatrician taught her how! We ate them with ketchup. Yesterday I saw an earthworm struggling to get out of a puddle, so I rescued him. Spring!

ringadal said...

I saw these made on the movie Moonstruck, of course those were made with a bit of prociutto in them, which when I have it, I throw it in. Spring seems to have arrived in Virginia thankfully!