Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Embroidery in process

I have spent the entire morning putting directions for sewing a dress onto my other blog, With Needle and Stick.  Wow, I hate waiting for the photos to upload.  In anycase, I decided to update this blog too.  I decided to show my new embroidery piece in process.  It will be a bright pink cosmos in the end, but here I am working on the center and on the shadows along the edges of the petals.  I seem to be stuck representing only a quarter of the flowers that I sew or paint.  I am fascinated by their intricate structure.  The cosmos along with zinnias are some of my  favorites.  I will keep further progress updated.

 In the meantime, before my kids get home on the bus, I need to get at least a little bit of weaving done.  Maybe I will show you my new weaving piece next...

1 comment:

Threads of Inspiration said...

Hi Susan, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I agree that my work, like yours, is about process. I did recently pick up a copy of FiberArts and saw some shows I'm thinking of applying to, most of them have March deadlines, so no rush yet. Have you gotten more done on your cosmos? I need to check out your other blog!