Anyway, I did finish at 1 am on March 25th, packed up the tapestry and got it ready to mail. I wanted to sew eel grass onto the tapestry. But the silk grass I made from the silk I had on hand did not work. I think the tapestry works without it, but I will be putting it on later to go with my series of fish. I have at least two more tapestries I want to weave that include kelp leaves, now I will need to weave at least one or two more that will involve eel grass.
I have learned through this weaving process that eel grass, like so many other things in our environment, are under stress. Eel grass provides cover for the baby fish that populate the Chesapeake and Atlantic Oceans, including bluefish which are what my tapestry portray. Here is a glimpse. I hope you will be able to see it in Rhode Island.
I did get this mailed on the way to the airport. We found a postoffice just a couple of miles from the airport. It will appear with the Central Virginia Tapestry Group's group them of Virginia Blues.